pgsql: Log the correct ending timestamp in recovery_target_xid mode. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Log the correct ending timestamp in recovery_target_xid mode.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Log the correct ending timestamp in recovery_target_xid mode.

When ending recovery based on recovery_target_xid matching with
recovery_target_inclusive = off, we printed an incorrect timestamp
(always 2000-01-01) in the "recovery stopping before ... transaction"
log message.  This is a consequence of sloppy refactoring in
c945af80c: the code to fetch recordXtime out of the commit/abort
record used to be executed unconditionally, but it was changed
to get called only in the RECOVERY_TARGET_TIME case.  We need only
flip the order of operations to restore the intended behavior.

Per report from Torsten Förtsch.  Back-patch to all supported
branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAKkG4_kUevPqbmyOfLajx7opAQk6Cvwkvx0HRcFjSPfRPTXanA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0a269527f6a1151fe95efe4a8c2112a6e4b66496

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c | 9 +++++++--