pgsql: Convert tsqueryin and tsvectorin to report errors softly. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Convert tsqueryin and tsvectorin to report errors softly.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Convert tsqueryin and tsvectorin to report errors softly.

This is slightly tedious because the adjustments cascade through
a couple of levels of subroutines, but it's not very hard.
I chose to avoid changing function signatures more than absolutely
necessary, by passing the escontext pointer in existing structs
where possible.

tsquery's nuisance NOTICEs about empty queries are suppressed in
soft-error mode, since they're not errors and we surely don't want
them to be shown to the user anyway.  Maybe that whole behavior
should be reconsidered.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3824377.1672076822@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/78212f21011449f0374831323655baa7c00f3680

Modified Files
src/backend/tsearch/to_tsany.c          |  12 ++--
src/backend/utils/adt/tsquery.c         | 100 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
src/backend/utils/adt/tsquery_cleanup.c |   7 ++-
src/backend/utils/adt/tsvector.c        |  15 +++--
src/backend/utils/adt/tsvector_parser.c |  49 +++++++++++-----
src/include/tsearch/ts_utils.h          |  10 +++-
src/test/regress/expected/tstypes.out   |  44 ++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/tstypes.sql        |  11 ++++