pgsql: Remove new structure member from ResultRelInfo. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject pgsql: Remove new structure member from ResultRelInfo.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Remove new structure member from ResultRelInfo.

In commit ffbb7e65a, I added a ModifyTableState member to ResultRelInfo
to save the owning ModifyTableState for use by nodeModifyTable.c when
performing batch inserts, but as pointed out by Tom Lane, that changed
the array stride of es_result_relations, and that would break any
previously-compiled extension code that accesses that array.  Fix by
removing that member from ResultRelInfo and instead adding a List member
at the end of EState to save such ModifyTableStates.

Per report from Tom Lane.  Back-patch to v14, like the previous commit;
I chose to apply the patch to HEAD as well, to make back-patching easy.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/4065383.1669395453%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL_14_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d43a97ef493a7edc9e03b5dd15870e04a0c38f75

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/execMain.c        |  1 -
src/backend/executor/execPartition.c   |  7 -------
src/backend/executor/execUtils.c       |  4 +++-
src/backend/executor/nodeModifyTable.c | 31 ++++++++++++++++---------------
src/include/nodes/execnodes.h          |  8 +++-----