pgsql: Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline.

I just spent an annoying amount of time reverse-engineering the
100%-undocumented API between ts_headline and the text search
parser's prsheadline function.  Add some commentary about that
while it's fresh in mind.  Also remove some unused macros in
wparser_def.c.

While at it, I noticed that when commit 78e73e875 added a
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS call in TS_execute_recurse, it missed
doing so in the parallel function TS_phrase_execute, which
surely needs one just as much.

Back-patch because of the missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.
Might as well back-patch the rest of this too.

Branch
------
REL_13_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/74670688faaec94d9177ac182c5516c5f1a7bb9c

Modified Files
src/backend/tsearch/ts_parse.c      | 13 ++++++++
src/backend/tsearch/wparser_def.c   |  4 ---
src/backend/utils/adt/tsvector_op.c |  3 ++
src/include/tsearch/ts_public.h     | 61 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------