pgsql: configure: Expand -fvisibility checks to more compilers, test fo - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject pgsql: configure: Expand -fvisibility checks to more compilers, test fo
Date
List pgsql-committers
configure: Expand -fvisibility checks to more compilers, test for -qvisibility

It looks like icc and sunpro both support -fvisibility=hidden and xlc supports
-qvisibility=hidden. I tested this on AIX and solaris with their proprietary
compilers as well as gcc, and with gcc or clang on freebsd, linux, macos,
netbsd and openbsd.

Apparently my prior commit fe6a64a58ab only works in combination with this
patch. While I tried to test them separately, an unknown caching issue
prevented me from noticing the problem.

Per discussion with Tom Lane and buildfarm member hoverfly.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220910052741.t7w7csyrggwus2ze%40awork3.anarazel.de
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220820174213.d574qde4ptwdzoqz@awork3.anarazel.de

Branch
------