pgsql: aix: when building with gcc, tell gcc we're building a shared li - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject pgsql: aix: when building with gcc, tell gcc we're building a shared li
Date
List pgsql-committers
aix: when building with gcc, tell gcc we're building a shared library

Not passing -shared to gcc when building a shared library triggers linking to
the wrong libgcc (libgcc.a instead of libgcc_s.a) and prevents emitting
correct unwind information. It's somewhat surprising that this hasn't caused
known problems so far.

Doing so requires adding path to libgcc to libpath, or linking statically to
libgcc - as the latter increases .so size substantially (for not entirely
obvious reasons), shared linking seems preferrable.  It likely is worth
building executables with -shared-libgcc too, but I've not done that here.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220820174213.d574qde4ptwdzoqz@awork3.anarazel.de

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e5484554ba90536aaff42db588a6397633713c43

Modified Files
src/makefiles/Makefile.aix | 11 +++++++++++
1 file changed, 11 insertions(+)