pgsql: Set minimum required version of zstd as 1.4.0. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Set minimum required version of zstd as 1.4.0.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Set minimum required version of zstd as 1.4.0.

It emerges that our new zstd code depends on features that were not
present (or at least not enabled by default) in zstd before 1.4.0.
That's already four years old, so there's little reason to try to
make our code work with something older.  Instead make configure
check that zstd is at least 1.4.0, and document this requirement.

Justin Pryzby (doc changes by me)

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/efbd94cd1102f99fd1300e44905ee4a994ee2ef6.camel@gunduz.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/479b69a4a551465614042bba00694001273d702f

Modified Files
configure.ac                   |  2 +-
doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml |  7 ++++---