pgsql: Fix a few goofs in new backup compression code. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Fix a few goofs in new backup compression code.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix a few goofs in new backup compression code.

When we try to set the zstd compression level either on the client
or on the server, check for errors.

For any algorithm, on the client side, don't try to set the compression
level unless the user specified one. This was visibly broken for
zstd, which managed to set -1 rather than 0 in this case, but tidy
up the code for the other methods, too.

On the client side, if we fail to create a ZSTD_CCtx, exit after
reporting the error. Otherwise we'll dereference a null pointer.

Patch by me, reviewed by Dipesh Pandit.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZK3zLQUCGi1h4XZw4jHiAWtcACc+GsdJR1_Mc19jUjXA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/61762426e6edbe87100dd5a4f107e8c06a11ec02

Modified Files
src/backend/replication/basebackup_zstd.c |  8 ++++++--
src/bin/pg_basebackup/bbstreamer_gzip.c   |  3 ++-
src/bin/pg_basebackup/bbstreamer_lz4.c    |  3 ++-
src/bin/pg_basebackup/bbstreamer_zstd.c   | 19 +++++++++++++++++--