pgsql: Fix parallel sort, broken by the balanced merge patch. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Fix parallel sort, broken by the balanced merge patch.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix parallel sort, broken by the balanced merge patch.

The code for initializing the tapes on each merge iteration was skipped
in a parallel worker. I put the !WORKER(state) check in wrong place while
rebasing the patch.

That caused failures in the index build in 'multiple-row-versions'
isolation test, in multiple buildfarm members. On my laptop it was easier
to reproduce by building an index on a larger table, so that you got a
parallel sort more reliably.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/fc0f3b4cb0e882a9c5d51c302d4aa3591e4f80fd

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/sort/tuplesort.c | 5 +++--