pgsql: Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg_tm.

pgtime.h documented the PG interpretation of tm_mon right alongside
the POSIX interpretation of tm_year, with no hint that neither
comment was correct throughout our code.

Perhaps someday we ought to switch to using two separate struct
definitions to provide a clearer indication of which semantics are
in use where.  But I fear the tedium-versus-safety-gain tradeoff
would not be very good.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAJ7c6TOMG8zSNEZtCn5SPe+cCk3Lfxb71ZaQwT2F4T7PJ_t=KA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------