pgsql: In event triggers, use "pg_temp" only for our own temp schema. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: In event triggers, use "pg_temp" only for our own temp schema.
Date
List pgsql-committers
In event triggers, use "pg_temp" only for our own temp schema.

pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands used "pg_temp" to refer to any
temp schema, not only that of the current backend.  This seems
like overreach.  It's somewhat unlikely that DDL commands would
refer to temp objects of other sessions to begin with, but if they
do, "pg_temp" would be a most misleading way to display the action.

While this seems like a bug, it's not quite out of the realm of
possibility that somebody out there is expecting the current
behavior.  Hence, fix in HEAD, but don't back-patch.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAAJ_b97W=QaGmag9AhWNbmx3uEYsNkXWL+OVW1_E1D3BtgWvtw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/024515cac50e246d92bbe67e9de4da0f302972ef

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/event_trigger.c | 6 +-----
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 5 deletions(-)