pgsql: Fix crash in postgres_fdw for provably-empty remote UPDATE/DELET - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix crash in postgres_fdw for provably-empty remote UPDATE/DELET
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix crash in postgres_fdw for provably-empty remote UPDATE/DELETE.

In 86dc90056, I'd written find_modifytable_subplan with the assumption
that if the immediate child of a ModifyTable is a Result, it must be
a projecting Result with a subplan.  However, if the UPDATE or DELETE
has a provably-constant-false WHERE clause, that's not so: we'll
generate a dummy subplan with a childless Result.  Add the missing
null-check so we don't crash on such cases.

Per report from Alexander Pyhalov.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/b9a6f53549456b2f3e2fd150dcd79d72@postgrespro.ru

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b9734c13f168ef0d487aa122e486ca9b6dd6aa59

Modified Files
contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw.out | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
contrib/postgres_fdw/postgres_fdw.c            |  4 +++-
contrib/postgres_fdw/sql/postgres_fdw.sql      |  4 ++++