pgsql: Doc: improve directions for building on macOS. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Doc: improve directions for building on macOS.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Doc: improve directions for building on macOS.

In light of recent discussions, we should instruct people to
install Apple's command line tools; installing Xcode is secondary.

Also, fix sample command for finding out the default sysroot,
as we now know that the command originally recommended can give
a result that doesn't match your OS version.

Also document the workaround to use if you really don't want
configure to select a sysroot at all.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20210119111625.20435-1-james.hilliard1@gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/50bebc1ae1804e0ddf86b667122d3f8b22fa19b7

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml | 26 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-