pgsql: Re-allow DISTINCT in pl/pgsql expressions. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Re-allow DISTINCT in pl/pgsql expressions.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Re-allow DISTINCT in pl/pgsql expressions.

I'd omitted this from the grammar in commit c9d529848, figuring that
it wasn't worth supporting.  However we already have one complaint,
so it seems that judgment was wrong.  It doesn't require a huge
amount of code, so add it back.  (I'm still drawing the line at
UNION/INTERSECT/EXCEPT though: those'd require an unreasonable
amount of grammar refactoring, and the single-result-row restriction
makes them near useless anyway.)

Also rethink the documentation: this behavior is a property of
all pl/pgsql expressions, not just assignments.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20210122134106.e94c5cd7@mail.verfriemelt.org

Branch
------
master