pgsql: Fix bug in detecting concurrent page splits in GiST insert - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Fix bug in detecting concurrent page splits in GiST insert
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix bug in detecting concurrent page splits in GiST insert

In commit 9eb5607e699, I got the condition on checking for split or
deleted page wrong: I used && instead of ||. The comment correctly said
"concurrent split _or_ deletion".

As a result, GiST insertion could miss a concurrent split, and insert to
wrong page. Duncan Sands demonstrated this with a test script that did a
lot of concurrent inserts.

Backpatch to v12, where this was introduced. REINDEX is required to fix
indexes that were affected by this bug.

Backpatch-through: 12
Reported-by: Duncan Sands
Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/a9690483-6c6c-3c82-c8ba-dc1a40848f11%40deepbluecap.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6b4d3046f422c2682365924b515c7588d5a3e651

Modified Files
src/backend/access/gist/gist.c | 5 ++++-