pgsql: pg_dump: label PUBLICATION TABLE ArchiveEntries with an owner. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: pg_dump: label PUBLICATION TABLE ArchiveEntries with an owner.
Date
List pgsql-committers
pg_dump: label PUBLICATION TABLE ArchiveEntries with an owner.

This is the same fix as commit 9eabfe300 applied to INDEX ATTACH
entries, but for table-to-publication attachments.  As in that
case, even though the backend doesn't record "ownership" of the
attachment, we still ought to label it in the dump archive with
the role name that should run the ALTER PUBLICATION command.
The existing behavior causes the ALTER to be done by the original
role that started the restore; that will usually work fine, but
there may be corner cases where it fails.

The bulk of the patch is concerned with changing struct
PublicationRelInfo to include a pointer to the associated
PublicationInfo object, so that we can get the owner's name
out of that when the time comes.  While at it, I rewrote
getPublicationTables() to do just one query of pg_publication_rel,
not one per table.

Back-patch to v10 where this code was introduced.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1165710.1610473242@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE