pgsql: Fix minor issues in psql's new \dAc and related commands. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix minor issues in psql's new \dAc and related commands.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix minor issues in psql's new \dAc and related commands.

The type-name pattern in \dAc and \dAf was matched only to the actual
pg_type.typname string, which is fairly user-unfriendly in cases where
that is not what's shown to the user by format_type (compare "_int4"
and "integer[]").  Make this code match what \dT does, i.e. match the
pattern against either typname or format_type() output.  Also fix its
broken handling of schema-name restrictions.  (IOW, make these
processSQLNamePattern calls match \dT's.)  While here, adjust
whitespace to make the query a little prettier in -E output, too.

Also improve some inaccuracies and shaky grammar in the related
documentation.

Noted while working on a patch for intarray's opclasses; I wondered
why I couldn't get a match to "integer*" for the input type name.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/533020d05045046a3481fdd92777de7bb2e30ab3

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/indices.sgml      |  9 +++++++++
doc/src/sgml/ref/psql-ref.sgml | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++------------------
src/bin/psql/describe.c        | 28 +++++++++++++++++++---------