pgsql: neqjoinsel must now pass through collation to eqjoinsel. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: neqjoinsel must now pass through collation to eqjoinsel.
Date
List pgsql-committers
neqjoinsel must now pass through collation to eqjoinsel.

Since commit 044c99bc5, eqjoinsel passes the passed-in collation
to any operators it invokes.  However, neqjoinsel failed to pass
on whatever collation it got, so that if we invoked a
collation-dependent operator via that code path, we'd get "could not
determine which collation to use for string comparison" or the like.

Per report from Justin Pryzby.  Back-patch to v12, like the previous
commit.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20200721191606.GL5748@telsasoft.com

Branch
------