pgsql: Fix race condition in statext_store(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix race condition in statext_store().
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix race condition in statext_store().

Must hold some lock on the pg_statistic_ext_data catalog *before*
we look up the tuple we aim to replace.  Otherwise a concurrent
VACUUM FULL or similar operation could move it to a different TID,
leaving us trying to replace the wrong tuple.

Back-patch to v12 where this got broken.

Credit goes to Dean Rasheed; I'm just doing the clerical work.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAEZATCU0zHMDiQV0g8P2U+YSP9C1idUPrn79DajsbonwkN0xvQ@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_12_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6c426cd43790d56e6b96c21ae2d968ceb733bdde

Modified Files
src/backend/statistics/extended_stats.c | 6 +++---