pgsql: Doc: fix old oversights in GRANT/REVOKE documentation. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Doc: fix old oversights in GRANT/REVOKE documentation.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Doc: fix old oversights in GRANT/REVOKE documentation.

The GRANTED BY clause in GRANT/REVOKE ROLE has been there since 2005
but was never documented.  I'm not sure now whether that was just an
oversight or was intentional (given the limited capability of the
option).  But seeing that pg_dumpall does emit code that uses this
option, it seems like not documenting it at all is a bad idea.

Also, when we upgraded the syntax to allow CURRENT_USER/SESSION_USER
as the privilege recipient, the role form of GRANT was incorrectly
not modified to show that, and REVOKE's docs weren't touched at all.

Although I'm not that excited about GRANTED BY, the other oversight
seems serious enough to justify a back-patch.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3070.1581526786@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE