pgsql: Avoid unnecessary shm writes in Parallel Hash Join. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject pgsql: Avoid unnecessary shm writes in Parallel Hash Join.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Avoid unnecessary shm writes in Parallel Hash Join.

Currently, Parallel Hash Join cannot be used for full/right joins,
so there is no point in setting the match flag.  It turns out that
the cache coherence traffic generated by those writes slows down
large systems running many-core joins, so let's stop doing that.
In future, if we need to use match bits in parallel joins, we might
want to consider setting them only if not already set.

Back-patch to 11, where Parallel Hash Join arrived.

Reported-by: Deng, Gang
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/0F44E799048C4849BAE4B91012DB910462E9897A%40SHSMSX103.ccr.corp.intel.com

Branch
------
REL_11_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6a9fc75d0391e41877ed0a7e6d33335696090015

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeHashjoin.c | 21 ++++++++++++++++++++-