pgsql: Prevent a rowtype from being included in itself via a range. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Prevent a rowtype from being included in itself via a range.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Prevent a rowtype from being included in itself via a range.

We probably should have thought of this case when ranges were added,
but we didn't.  (It's not the fault of commit eb51af71f, because
ranges didn't exist then.)

It's an old bug, so back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/7782.1577051475@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/fc7695891d357a54f0258142de85f88520796b9b

Modified Files
src/backend/catalog/heap.c               | 9 +++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/rangetypes.out | 3 +++
src/test/regress/sql/rangetypes.sql      | 3 +++
3 files changed, 15 insertions(+)