pgsql: Avoid low-probability regression test failures in timestamp[tz] - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Avoid low-probability regression test failures in timestamp[tz]
Date
List pgsql-committers
Avoid low-probability regression test failures in timestamp[tz] tests.

If the first transaction block in these tests were entered exactly
at midnight (California time), they'd report a bogus failure due
to 'now' and 'midnight' having the same values.  Commit 8c2ac75c5
had dismissed this as being of negligible probability, but we've
now seen it happen in the buildfarm, so let's prevent it.  We can
get pretty much the same test coverage without an it's-not-midnight
assumption by moving the does-'now'-work cases into their own test step.

While here, apply commit 47169c255's s/DELETE/TRUNCATE/ change to
timestamptz as well as timestamp (not sure why that didn't
occur to me at the time; the risk of failure is the same).

Back-patch to all supported branches, since the main point is
to get rid of potential buildfarm failures.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/14821.1577031117@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE