pgsql: libpq should expose GSS-related parameters even when not impleme - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: libpq should expose GSS-related parameters even when not impleme
Date
List pgsql-committers
libpq should expose GSS-related parameters even when not implemented.

We realized years ago that it's better for libpq to accept all
connection parameters syntactically, even if some are ignored or
restricted due to lack of the feature in a particular build.
However, that lesson from the SSL support was for some reason never
applied to the GSSAPI support.  This is causing various buildfarm
members to have problems with a test case added by commit 6136e94dc,
and it's just a bad idea from a user-experience standpoint anyway,
so fix it.

While at it, fix some places where parameter-related infrastructure
was added with the aid of a dartboard, or perhaps with the aid of
the anti-pattern "add new stuff at the end".  It should be safe
to rearrange the contents of struct pg_conn even in released
branches, since that's private to libpq (and we'd have to move
some fields in some builds to fix this, anyway).

Back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/11297.1576868677@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
REL9_5_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5e22a111185ccf5fe1d84b980d947b5427a50e64

Modified Files
contrib/postgres_fdw/expected/postgres_fdw.out | 10 +++++-----
contrib/postgres_fdw/sql/postgres_fdw.sql      | 10 +++++-----
doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml                        |  6 ++++--
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c              | 18 +++++-------------
src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-int.h               |  8 ++------