pgsql: Handle arrays and ranges in pg_upgrade's test for non-upgradable - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Handle arrays and ranges in pg_upgrade's test for non-upgradable
Date
List pgsql-committers
Handle arrays and ranges in pg_upgrade's test for non-upgradable types.

pg_upgrade needs to check whether certain non-upgradable data types
appear anywhere on-disk in the source cluster.  It knew that it has
to check for these types being contained inside domains and composite
types; but it somehow overlooked that they could be contained in
arrays and ranges, too.  Extend the existing recursive-containment
query to handle those cases.

We probably should have noticed this oversight while working on
commit 0ccfc2822 and follow-ups, but we failed to :-(.  The whole
thing's possibly a bit overdesigned, since we don't really expect
that any of these types will appear on disk; but if we're going to
the effort of doing a recursive search then it's silly not to cover
all the possibilities.

While at it, refactor so that we have only one copy of the search
logic, not three-and-counting.  Also, to keep the branches looking
more alike, back-patch the output wording change of commit 1634d3615.

Back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/31473.1573412838@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------