pgsql: Sync isolationtester's handling of notice/warning messageswith - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Sync isolationtester's handling of notice/warning messageswith
Date
List pgsql-committers
Sync isolationtester's handling of notice/warning messages with HEAD.

Back-patch relevant parts of these commits:
30717637c Fix isolationtester race condition for notices sent before blocking
ebd499282 Don't drop NOTICE messages in isolation tests
a28e10e82 Indicate session name in isolationtester notices

This ensures that older versions of the isolationtester will handle
NOTICE/WARNING messages the same way as HEAD and v12 do.  While this
isn't fixing any critical problem right now, it seems like a prudent
change to prevent surprises (like we had yesterday...) with
back-patches of future isolation test changes.

Back-patch as far as 9.6.  Due to the significant changes we made in
isolationtester in 9.6, back-patching isolation tests further than
that is going to be risky anyway; besides, this patch doesn't apply
cleanly before that.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/E1i7IqC-0000Uc-5H@gemulon.postgresql.org

Branch
------
REL9_6_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5f0b71ee8532f54f3e1333853fd96293ca4aab9a

Modified Files
.../expected/insert-conflict-specconflict.out      | 38 ++++++++++++++
src/test/isolation/isolationtester.c               | 59 ++++++++++++++++++----