pgsql: Clarify the distinction between public and privateSPITupleTable - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Clarify the distinction between public and privateSPITupleTable
Date
List pgsql-committers
Clarify the distinction between public and private SPITupleTable fields.

The fields that we consider public are "tupdesc" and "vals", which
historically are in the middle of the struct.  Move them to the front
(this should be perfectly safe to do in HEAD) and add comments to make
it quite clear which fields are public or not.

Also adjust spi.sgml's documentation of the struct to match.
That doc had bit-rotted somewhat, as it was missing some fields.
(Arguably we should just remove all the private fields from the docs,
but for now I refrained.)

Daniel Gustafsson, reviewed by Fabien Coelho

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/0D19F836-B743-4340-B6A2-F148CA3DD1F0@yesql.se

Branch
------
master