pgsql: Disallow user-created replication origins named "pg_xxx". - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Disallow user-created replication origins named "pg_xxx".
Date
List pgsql-committers
Disallow user-created replication origins named "pg_xxx".

Since we generate such names internally, it seems like a good idea
to have a policy of disallowing them for user use, as we do for many
other object types.  Otherwise attempts to use them will randomly
fail due to collisions with internally-generated names.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3606.1561747369@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a1e61badf97bc446053145ba40de6db835678ce3

Modified Files
src/backend/replication/logical/origin.c | 10 ++++++++++
1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)