pgsql: Fix confusion on different kinds of slots in IndexOnlyScans. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Fix confusion on different kinds of slots in IndexOnlyScans.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix confusion on different kinds of slots in IndexOnlyScans.

We used the same slot to store a tuple from the index, and to store a
tuple from the table. That's not OK. It worked with the heap, because
heapam_getnextslot() stores a HeapTuple to the slot, and doesn't care how
large the tts_values/nulls arrays are. But when I played with a toy table
AM implementation that used a virtual tuple, it caused memory overruns.

In the passing, tidy up comments on the ioss_PscanLen fields.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cd96389d713787b025c84869ba417c6f2f008a86

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeIndexonlyscan.c | 16 +++++++++++++---
src/include/nodes/execnodes.h            |  6 ++++--