pgsql: Fix inconsistent out-of-memory error reporting in dsa.c. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Thomas Munro
Subject pgsql: Fix inconsistent out-of-memory error reporting in dsa.c.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix inconsistent out-of-memory error reporting in dsa.c.

Commit 16be2fd1 introduced the flag DSA_ALLOC_NO_OOM to control whether
the DSA allocator would raise an error or return InvalidDsaPointer on
failure to allocate.  One edge case was not handled correctly: if we
fail to allocate an internal "span" object for a large allocation, we
would always return InvalidDsaPointer regardless of the flag; a caller
not expecting that could then dereference a null pointer.

This is a plausible explanation for a one-off report of a segfault.

Remove a redundant pair of braces so that all three stanzas that handle
DSA_ALLOC_NO_OOM match in style, for visual consistency.

While fixing inconsistencies, if FreePageManagerGet() can't supply the
pages that our book-keeping says it should be able to supply, then we
should always report a FATAL error.  Previously we treated that as a
regular allocation failure in one code path, but as a FATAL condition
in another.

Back-patch to 10, where dsa.c landed.