pgsql: Fix CREATE VIEW to allow zero-column views. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix CREATE VIEW to allow zero-column views.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix CREATE VIEW to allow zero-column views.

We should logically have allowed this case when we allowed zero-column
tables, but it was overlooked.

Although this might be thought a feature addition, it's really a bug
fix, because it was possible to create a zero-column view via
the convert-table-to-view code path, and then you'd have a situation
where dump/reload would fail.  Hence, back-patch to all supported
branches.

Arrange the added test cases to provide coverage of the related
pg_dump code paths (since these views will be dumped and reloaded
during the pg_upgrade regression test).  I also made them test
the case where pg_dump has to postpone the view rule into post-data,
which disturbingly had no regression coverage before.

Report and patch by Ashutosh Sharma (test case by me)

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAE9k0PkmHdeSaeZt2ujnb_cKucmK3sDDceDzw7+d5UZoNJPYOg@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_10_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b355be443b74d2749db00242d068fabc2df39f27

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/view.c                |  5 -----
src/test/regress/expected/create_view.out  | 10 ++++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/rules.out        |  8 ++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/sanity_check.out |  1 +
src/test/regress/sql/create_view.sql       | 12 ++++++++++++