pgsql: Move the extern declaration for ExceptionalCondition into c.h. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Move the extern declaration for ExceptionalCondition into c.h.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Move the extern declaration for ExceptionalCondition into c.h.

This is the logical conclusion of our decision to support Assert()
in both frontend and backend code: it should be possible to use that
after including just c.h.  But as things were arranged before, if
you wanted to use Assert() in code that might be compiled for either
environment, you had to include postgres.h for the backend case.
Let's simplify that.

Per buildfarm, some of whose members started throwing warnings after
commit 0c62356cc added an Assert in src/port/snprintf.c.

It's possible that some other src/port files that use the stanza

#ifndef FRONTEND
#include "postgres.h"
#else
#include "postgres_fe.h"
#endif

could now be simplified to just say '#include "c.h"'.  I have not
tested for that, though, and it'd be unlikely to apply for more
than a small number of them.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/03c5a00ea3867f5736da6cedce73b1eea88a98af

Modified Files
src/include/c.h        | 19 ++++++++++++++++---
src/include/postgres.h | 16 ----------------