pgsql: Pad XLogReaderState's per-buffer data_bufsz more aggressively. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject pgsql: Pad XLogReaderState's per-buffer data_bufsz more aggressively.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Pad XLogReaderState's per-buffer data_bufsz more aggressively.

Originally, we palloc'd this buffer just barely big enough to hold the
largest xlog backup block seen so far. We now MAXALIGN the palloc size.

The original coding could result in many repeated palloc cycles, in the
worst case where we see a series ofgradually larger xlog records.  We
ameliorate that similarly to 8735978e7aebfbc499843630131c18d1f7346c79
by imposing a minimum buffer size of BLCKSZ.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/E1eHa4J-0006hI-Q8@gemulon.postgresql.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/59af8d4384ba5ae72986eab7e5cdc514a969aa05

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlogreader.c | 8 +++++++-