pgsql: Tweak use of ExecContextForcesOids by Gather (Merge). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Tweak use of ExecContextForcesOids by Gather (Merge).
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tweak use of ExecContextForcesOids by Gather (Merge).

Specifically, pass the outer plan's PlanState instead of our own
PlanState.  At present, ExecContextForcesOids doesn't actually care
which PlanState we pass; it just looks through to the underlying
EState to find the result relation or top-level eflags.  However, in
the future it might care.  If that happens, and if our goal is to get
a tuple descriptor that matches that of the outer plan, then I think
what we care about is whether the outer plan's context forces OIDs,
rather than whether our own context forces OIDs, just as we use the
outer node's target list rather than our own.

Patch by me, reviewed by Amit Kapila.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZ0ZL=cesZFq8c9NnfK6bqy-wwUd3_74iYGodYrSoQ7Fw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0510421ee091ee3ddabdd5bd7ed096563f6bf17f

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeGather.c      | 2 +-
src/backend/executor/nodeGatherMerge.c | 2 +-