[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow parallel query for prepared statements with genericplans. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow parallel query for prepared statements with genericplans.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Allow parallel query for prepared statements with generic plans.

This was always intended to work, but due to an oversight in
max_parallel_hazard_walker, it didn't.  In testing, we missed the
fact that it was only working for custom plans, where the parameter
value has been substituted for the parameter itself early enough
that everything worked.  In a generic plan, the Param node survives
and must be treated as parallel-safe.  SerializeParamList provides
for the transmission of parameter values to workers.

Amit Kapila with help from Kuntal Ghosh.  Some changes by me.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CAA4eK1+_BuZrmVCeua5Eqnm4Co9DAXdM5HPAOE2J19ePbR912Q@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_10_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a87c0c7631d2ec738e78b909f5dcea16ea1e832f

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/util/clauses.c          |  8 +++-
src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c                  | 63 +++++++++++++++++++--------
src/test/regress/expected/select_parallel.out | 20 +++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/select_parallel.sql      |  6 +++