[COMMITTERS] pgsql: On Windows,make pg_dump use binary mode for compressed plain te - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: On Windows,make pg_dump use binary mode for compressed plain te
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Windows, make pg_dump use binary mode for compressed plain text output.

The combination of -Z -Fp and output to stdout resulted in corrupted
output data, because we left stdout in text mode, resulting in newline
conversion being done on the compressed stream.  Switch stdout to binary
mode for this case, at the same place where we do it for non-text output
formats.

Report and patch by Kuntal Ghosh, tested by Ashutosh Sharma and Neha
Sharma.  Back-patch to all supported branches.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAGz5QCJPvbBjXAmJuGx1B_41yVCetAJhp7rtaDf7XQGWuB1GSw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master