[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Revert "Permit dump/reload of not-too-large >1GB tuples" - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Revert "Permit dump/reload of not-too-large >1GB tuples"
Date
List pgsql-committers
Revert "Permit dump/reload of not-too-large >1GB tuples"

This reverts commits fa2fa9955280 and 42f50cb8fa98.

While the functionality that was intended to be provided by these
commits is desired, the patch didn't actually solve as many of the
problematic situations as we hoped, and it created a bunch of its own
problems.  Since we're going to require more extensive changes soon for
other reasons and users have been working around these problems for a
long time already, there is no point in spending effort in fixing this
halfway measure.

Per complaint from Tom Lane.
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/21407.1484606922@sss.pgh.pa.us

(Commit fa2fa9955280 had already been reverted in branches 9.5 as
f858524ee4f and 9.6 as e9e44a0953, so this touches master only.
Commit 42f50cb8fa98 was not present in the older branches.)

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b66adb7b0c83e632e0f881f828fa6f4233d01d06

Modified Files
src/backend/access/common/heaptuple.c |  4 +-
src/backend/commands/copy.c           |  8 ++--
src/backend/lib/stringinfo.c          | 71 +++++++----------------------------
src/include/lib/stringinfo.h          | 18 +++------