[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve error message for misuse of TZ, tz,OF formatting patter - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Improve error message for misuse of TZ, tz,OF formatting patter
Date
List pgsql-committers
Improve error message for misuse of TZ, tz, OF formatting patterns.

Be specific about which pattern is being complained of, and avoid saying
"it's not supported in to_date", which is just confusing if the error is
actually coming out of to_timestamp.  We can phrase it as "is only
supported in to_char", instead.  Also, use the term "formatting field" not
"format pattern", because other error messages in the same file prefer that
terminology.  (This isn't terribly consistent with the documentation, so
maybe we should change all these error messages?)

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1c073505e8e4fa8a03312fea714da25ab83cb5fa

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/formatting.c | 4 +++-