[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a new DestReceiver for printing tuples without catalogacces - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a new DestReceiver for printing tuples without catalogacces
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add a new DestReceiver for printing tuples without catalog access.

If you create a DestReciver of type DestRemote and try to use it from
a replication connection that is not bound to a specific daabase, or
any other hypothetical type of backend that is not bound to a specific
database, it will fail because it doesn't have a pg_proc catalog to
look up properties of the types being printed.  In general, that's
an unavoidable problem, but we can hardwire the properties of a few
builtin types in order to support utility commands.  This new
DestReceiver of type DestRemoteSimple does just that.

Patch by me, reviewed by Michael Paquier.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmobNo4qz06wHEmy9DszAre3dYx-WNhHSCbU9SAwf+9Ft6g@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a84069d9350400c860d5e932b50dfd337aa407b0

Modified Files
src/backend/access/common/Makefile      |   4 +-
src/backend/access/common/printsimple.c | 110 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/backend/tcop/dest.c                 |  12 ++++
src/include/access/printsimple.h        |  23 +++++++
src/include/tcop/dest.h                 |   1 +