[COMMITTERS] pgsql: For 8.0 servers, get last built-in oid from pg_database - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: For 8.0 servers, get last built-in oid from pg_database
Date
List pgsql-committers
For 8.0 servers, get last built-in oid from pg_database

We didn't start ensuring that all built-in objects had OIDs less than
16384 until 8.1, so for 8.0 servers we still need to query the value out
of pg_database.  We need this, in particular, to distinguish which casts
were built-in and which were user-defined.

For HEAD, we only worry about going back to 8.0, for the back-branches,
we also ensure that 7.0-7.4 work.

Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20160504183952.GE10850%40tamriel.snowman.net

Branch
------