[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix locking problem in _hash_squeezebucket() /_hash_freeovflpag - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix locking problem in _hash_squeezebucket() /_hash_freeovflpag
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix locking problem in _hash_squeezebucket() / _hash_freeovflpage().

A bucket squeeze operation needs to lock each page of the bucket
before releasing the prior page, but the previous coding fumbled the
locking when freeing an overflow page during a bucket squeeze
operation.  Commit 6d46f4783efe457f74816a75173eb23ed8930020
introduced this bug.

Amit Kapila, with help from Kuntal Ghosh and Dilip Kumar, after
an initial trouble report by Jeff Janes.  Reviewed by me.  I also
fixed a problem with a comment.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/dd728826c538f000220af98de025c00114ad0631

Modified Files
src/backend/access/hash/hashovfl.c | 41 +++++++++++---------------------------
src/include/access/hash.h          |  2 +-