[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build backend/parser/scan.l and interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.lst - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Build backend/parser/scan.l and interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.lst
Date
List pgsql-committers
Build backend/parser/scan.l and interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.l standalone.

Back-patch commit 72b1e3a21 into the pre-9.6 branches.

As noted in the original commit, this has some extra benefits: we can
narrow the scope of the -Wno-error flag that's forced on scan.c.  Also,
since these grammar and lexer files are so large, splitting them into
separate build targets should have some advantages in build speed,
particularly in parallel or ccache'd builds.

However, the real reason for doing this now is that it avoids symbol-
redefinition warnings (or worse) with the latest version of flex.
It's not unreasonable that people would want to compile our old branches
with recent tools.  Per report from Дилян Палаузов.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/d845c1af-e18d-6651-178f-9f08cdf37e10@aegee.org

Branch
------
REL9_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7192865bdc48ded15caaba63fef313ff9e84eb71

Modified Files
src/backend/parser/Makefile              |  9 +++------
src/backend/parser/gram.y                | 10 ----------
src/backend/parser/scan.l                |  9 +++++----
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/Makefile     |  7 ++-----
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/ecpg.trailer |  8 --------
src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/pgc.l        | 14 +++++++++++++-