pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA tzcode master. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA tzcode master.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Sync our copy of the timezone library with IANA tzcode master.

This patch absorbs some unreleased fixes for symlink manipulation bugs
introduced in tzcode 2016g.  Ordinarily I'd wait around for a released
version, but in this case it seems like we could do with extra testing,
in particular checking whether it works in EDB's VMware build environment.
This corresponds to commit aec59156abbf8472ba201b6c7ca2592f9c10e077 in
https://github.com/eggert/tz.

Per a report from Sandeep Thakkar, building in an environment where hard
links are not supported in the timezone data installation directory failed,
because upstream code refactoring had broken the case of symlinking from an
existing symlink.  Further experimentation also showed that the symlinks
were sometimes made incorrectly, with too many or too few "../"'s in the
symlink contents.

Back-patch of commit 1f87181e12beb067d21b79493393edcff14c190b.

Report: <CANFyU94_p6mqRQc2i26PFp5QAOQGB++AjGX=FO8LDpXw0GSTjw@mail.gmail.com>
Discussion: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2016-November/024431.html

Branch
------