pgsql: Remove -Wl,-undefined,dynamic_lookup in macOS build. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Remove -Wl,-undefined,dynamic_lookup in macOS build.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Remove -Wl,-undefined,dynamic_lookup in macOS build.

We don't need this anymore, and it prevents build-time error checking
that's usually good to have, so remove it.  Undoes one change of commit
cac765820.

Unfortunately, it's much harder to get a similar effect on other common
platforms, because we don't want the linker to throw errors for symbols
that will be resolved in the core backend.  Only macOS and AIX expect the
core backend executable to be available while linking loadable modules,
so only these platforms can usefully throw errors for unresolved symbols
at link time.

Discussion: <2652.1475512158@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Branch
------