pgsql: Turn password_encryption GUC into an enum. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Turn password_encryption GUC into an enum.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Turn password_encryption GUC into an enum.

This makes the parameter easier to extend, to support other password-based
authentication protocols than MD5. (SCRAM is being worked on.)

The GUC still accepts on/off as aliases for "md5" and "plain", although
we may want to remove those once we actually add support for another
password hash type.

Michael Paquier, reviewed by David Steele, with some further edits by me.

Discussion: <CAB7nPqSMXU35g=W9X74HVeQp0uvgJxvYOuA4A-A3M+0wfEBv-w@mail.gmail.com>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/babe05bc2b781eb3eb84a18d7010d08277e2e399

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/config.sgml                      | 17 ++++++-----
src/backend/commands/user.c                   | 18 +++++------
src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c                  | 44 +++++++++++++++++++--------
src/backend/utils/misc/postgresql.conf.sample |  2 +-
src/include/commands/user.h                   | 15 +++++++--