pgsql: Remove nearly-unused SizeOfIptrData macro. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Remove nearly-unused SizeOfIptrData macro.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Remove nearly-unused SizeOfIptrData macro.

Past refactorings have removed all but one reference to SizeOfIptrData
(and that one place was in a pretty noncritical spot).  Since nobody's
complained, it seems probable that there are no supported compilers
that don't think sizeof(ItemPointerData) is 6.  If there are, we're
wasting MAXALIGN per heap tuple anyway, so it's rather silly to worry
about whether we can shave space in places like WAL records.

Pavan Deolasee

Discussion: <CABOikdOOawDda4hwLOT6zdA6MFfPLu3Z2YBZkX0JdayNS6JOeQ@mail.gmail.com>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8023b5827fbada6815ce269db4f3373ac77ec7c3

Modified Files
src/backend/executor/nodeTidscan.c | 2 +-
src/include/storage/itemptr.h      | 8 ++------