pgsql: Fix assorted places in psql to print version numbers >= 10 in ne - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix assorted places in psql to print version numbers >= 10 in ne
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix assorted places in psql to print version numbers >= 10 in new style.

This is somewhat cosmetic, since as long as you know what you are looking
at, "10.0" is a serviceable substitute for "10".  But there is a potential
for confusion between version numbers with minor numbers and those without
--- we don't want people asking "why is psql saying 10.0 when my server is
10.2".  Therefore, back-patch as far as practical, which turns out to be
9.3.  I could have redone the patch to use fprintf(stderr) in place of
psql_error(), but it seems more work than is warranted for branches that
will be EOL or nearly so by the time v10 comes out.

Although only psql seems to contain any code that needs this, I chose
to put the support function into fe_utils, since it seems likely we'll
need it in other client programs in future.  (In 9.3-9.5, use dumputils.c,
the predecessor of fe_utils/string_utils.c.)

In HEAD, also fix the backend code that whines about loadable-library
version mismatch.  I don't see much need to back-patch that.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7f61fd10ceb715eceece49451f6dfe9058044e15

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/fmgr/dfmgr.c      |  18 +++++--
src/bin/psql/command.c              |  50 ++++++++++-------
src/bin/psql/common.c               |   8 ++-
src/fe_utils/string_utils.c         |  38 +++++++++++++
src/include/fe_utils/string_utils.h |   3 ++