pgsql: postgres_fdw: Promote an Assert() to elog(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: postgres_fdw: Promote an Assert() to elog().
Date
List pgsql-committers
postgres_fdw: Promote an Assert() to elog().

Andreas Seltenreich reports that it is possible for a PlaceHolderVar
to creep into this tlist, and I fear that even after that's fixed we
might have other, similar bugs in this area either now or in the
future.  There's a lot of action-at-a-distance here, because the
validity of this assertion depends on core planner behavior; so, let's
use elog() to make sure we catch this even in non-assert builds,
rather than just crashing.

Branch
------
master