pgsql: Don't reset changes_since_analyze after a selective-columns ANAL - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Don't reset changes_since_analyze after a selective-columns ANAL
Date
List pgsql-committers
Don't reset changes_since_analyze after a selective-columns ANALYZE.

If we ANALYZE only selected columns of a table, we should not postpone
auto-analyze because of that; other columns may well still need stats
updates.  As committed, the counter is left alone if a column list is
given, whether or not it includes all analyzable columns of the table.
Per complaint from Tomasz Ostrowski.

It's been like this a long time, so back-patch to all supported branches.

Report: <ef99c1bd-ff60-5f32-2733-c7b504eb960c@ato.waw.pl>

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/32ceb8dfbf3c2ae785a595db9821d16e92f8431b

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/analyze.c  |  7 +++++--
src/backend/postmaster/pgstat.c | 15 +++++++++++----
src/include/pgstat.h            |  4 +++-