pgsql: Improve regression tests for degree-based trigonometric function - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Improve regression tests for degree-based trigonometric function
Date
List pgsql-committers
Improve regression tests for degree-based trigonometric functions.

Print the actual value of each function result that's expected to be exact,
rather than merely emitting a NULL if it's not right.  Although we print
these with extra_float_digits = 3, we should not trust that the platform
will produce a result visibly different from the expected value if it's off
only in the last place; hence, also include comparisons against the exact
values as before.  This is a bit bulkier and uglier than the previous
printout, but it will provide more information and be easier to interpret
if there's a test failure.

Discussion: <18241.1461073100@sss.pgh.pa.us>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4db0d2d2fe935e086dfd26c00f707dab298b443c

Modified Files
.../expected/float8-exp-three-digits-win32.out     | 155 ++++++++++++---------
src/test/regress/expected/float8-small-is-zero.out | 155 ++++++++++++---------
.../regress/expected/float8-small-is-zero_1.out    | 155 ++++++++++++---------
src/test/regress/expected/float8.out               | 155 ++++++++++++---------
src/test/regress/sql/float8.sql                    |  48 +++++--